Monday 17 October 2011

Thinking about Christmas...

I'm thinking about Christmas actually I'm not just thinking I'm reliving the projects of Christmas past looking for inspiration for this year.

Sewn Christmas Parcels

These were sewn maybe four or five years ago they were destine for an advent calander but like many projects didn't... (get finished). I finally stuck some to the front of Christmas cards last year and filled the fabric parcels with little packets of Christmas haribo.

I also experimented with some buttons and a little wadding and turned out these little fabric parcels.

Sewn Christmas Parcels

Last year whilst living in Berlin I made myself an advent calendar from felt and some sparkly silver thread, filled it with wee haribo packets and tasty German chocolates as my own Christmas countdown.

Advent Calender


Last years Advent Calender

I love advent calendars we have two in the family which have been reused year on year for years I can't wait to dig them out closer to Christmas. I think I'm going to make some as house warming seasonal presnts for some friends who have just moved in with their other halfs.  I'd better plan some sewing time into my weekend then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, thank you.