Sunday 25 September 2011

Cupcakes

I've never made cupcakes.  I have made fairycakes and other cupcake-like cakes before but have never followed a proper cupcake recipe.  But I love cakes and individual portion size cakes are simple, convenient when you're out and about so I wanted to try them because I think they'd be perfect to take along next weekend when I'm off to Edinburgh for a hen weekend.  As I've two friends with birthdays this week this was the perfect time to trial a few recipes and experiment with icing and frosting recipes.

Birthday Cupcakes


Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes


This was my first batch of Hummingbird Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes. No fancy icing - I was a little late in ordering an icing piping kit - fingers crossed it arrives before Thursday. In the oven at the moment I have red velvet cupcakes again following the Hummingbird Bakery recipe and I'm very much looking forward to trying them later and putting one in my bag for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, thank you.