Saturday 17 September 2011

Hexagons

So I'm taking part in a quiltalong a hexalong actually. I certainly wouldn't have thought I'd be taking part in anything as complicated in a quiltalong let a alone one which involves hexagons and paper piecing. I'm full of surprises me. I'm enjoying it though and I love the pretty colours I'm working with. I didn't however know what I'd be doing with all the hexagons that I was sewing but I was enjoying making lots of pretty three hexagon stars.

Hexalong Hexagons

I didn't want the quilt - maybe a little ambitious - to solely be based on the three hexagon stars so I've supersized my hexagons so that I can experiment.

Hexalong Hexagons: Just got larger

This decision was encouraged when I spent a little time looking at some of the lovely hexagons that have made it into Lilly's Flickr Group. So this next week I'm going to get a little more creative and experiment with a few other designs.

029-1

But for today I'm enjoying finishing a few of these off and looking forward to experimenting next week.

Happy weekend to everyone, enjoy sewing, shopping, baking, dining whatever you're up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, thank you.