Tuesday 9 August 2011

A Day of Firsts

Today has been a day of firsts.  One first is this, writing a blog post something I'd been mulling over and considering doing for a while and now, today, on this day of firsts I'm finally getting round to doing it.  First times can be exciting, frightening, sometimes exhilarating, rewarding, challenging or a nonevent.  What do I hope to achieve from starting a blog ?  Well I want to challenge, to inspire myself to consider new possibilities, options, different experiences hopefully the blog will act as a reminder of this.

The second of todays' firsts occurred in the kitchen with some silicone bakeware - why have I never used this before I don't know - and a new to me cookery book.  The recipe is of course Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake and came from the Hummingbird Bakery Recipe Book.  You can see the book peeking out from behind the cake in the third photo down.
 

Despite somehow managing to get poppyseeds everywhere and the tidying up that this then entailed the end result was a new favourite baking book and a super tasty cake.... mmm lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ailey it was certainly pretty tasty definately a make again cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks impressive! Must get one of those silicone things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia I can't recommend the silicon tin (if you still call it a tin?)enough it was great especially for a cake shaped like that the cake just popped right out brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, thank you.